The Hebridean Sky, formerly known as the Sea Explorer, has always been known for its elegance, impeccable service and atmosphere of charm and camaraderie. The new name of the ship reflects the increased adventure options and an on-site Passenger Service Representative. This ship underwent a 6.5 million dollar refurbishment in 2016. The Hebridean Sky is the perfect blend of luxury and adventurous exploration with kayaks as well as a camping option to spend a night on the ice.
She is an all-suite yacht accommodating up to 114 guests. Built in 1992, each suite features:
- Sea view
- Queen-sized bed separable into two twin-sized beds
- Sitting area with sofa and side chair
- Flat screen TV with DVD/CD player
- Independent temperature controls
- Marble-appointed bathroom with fine toiletries
- hair dryer
- 220 square feet or more
- Sofa con be converted to bed for third person
In addition Promenade, Deluxe, Veranda & Penthouse Suites include:
- En suite Champagne & Chocolates on Arrival
- Complimentary mini-bar (beer, wine & soft drinks)
- $100 per person Gift Shop credit
- En suite Nespresso machine
- Maximum Passengers: 110
- Crew capacity: 70
- Country of registry: Marshall Islands
- Gross tonnage: 4200
- Length: 90.6 M
- Width: 15.3 M
- Draft: 5.14 M
- Ice Class: 1C
- Cruising speed: 14.5 knots
- Refurbished: 2005
- Zodiacs: 10
- Official language: English
Cabins & Amenities
- World class cuisine
- Wine served with dinner
- Live entertainment
- Library with computers and internet access
- Lounge with audiovisual facilities
- Dedicated Passenger Services Manager
- Every suite has an exterior view, individual temperature controls, a lounge area, refrigerator and in-room safe
- Wraparound sundeck
- Stabilizers for smooth sailing
- Resident Photographer to assist travelers
- Medical facilities with available doctor
- Does not include airfare.
- Single Supplement 1.7 times twin rate.
- Adventure Options: Kayaking $650 except Falklands/South Georgia $750; Camping $95.
- There may be a fuel surcharge on all bookings.
Notes for Air Cruises
- Hebridean Sky will accommodate 71 passengers aboard these voyages.
- Triple cabins are available only for 3 people booking together – not for single travelers wanting to share.
- A minimum of $50,000 USD worth of evacuation insurance is mandatory for these voyages.
- Rates are per person in the selected cabin. Single passengers can either book a Dedicated Single cabin, or book a Twin cabin for Single use with a supplement of 1,85 to be added to the rate per person in Twin cabin.
- Kayaking is offered for $895 per person.