The Island Sky is a small expedition vessel with touches of elegance throughout. An all-suite ship, it carries a maximum of 108 passengers and provides an abundance of public space for wildlife viewing, relaxation and taking in lectures and briefings. Every suite has private bathroom facilities and an exterior view, while some suites include a private balcony. All suites have flat screen televisions and DVD players. Is one a sister vessel to the MS Caledonian Sky and MS Hebridean Sky. All three vessels were built in the same ship yard in Italy at similar times and share the same excellent attributes that make them three of the finest small ships in the world.
She is an all-suite yacht accommodating up to 108 guests. Built in 1992 and refurbished and redecorated in 2005, each suite features:
- Sea view
- Queen-sized bed separable into two twin-sized beds
- Sitting area
- Marble-appointed bathroom with fine toiletries
- 225 square feet or more
- Staff and Crew: 70
- Guests: 108
- Length: 297 feet (91 meters)
- Breadth: 50 feet (15 meters)
- Draft: 13 feet (4 meters)
- Propulsion: 2 B&W Man diesel engines, 4750 horsepower
- Ice Class: 1D
- Cruising Speed: 12 knots
- Registration: Bahamas
- Lifeboats: 4 fully enclosed
Cabins & Amenities
- All-suite ship
- Exterior views
- Facilities en suite
- Flat-screen TVs
- All suites have two single beds or one double bed
- Chef-prepared meals with complimentary wine with dinner
- Bar staffed by a professional bartender serving a selection of soft drinks, juices, liquors, spirits, and beer which can be charged to your shipboard account
- The Club
- Polar library
- Lecture theatre
- Plenty of deck space for observation
- Does not include international airfare.
- Single Supplement 1.7 times twin rate.
- There may be a fuel surcharge on all bookings.